The Ops Team is a weekly show where 4 Technical Evangelists specializing in IT Operations get together to give you the deets on their 4 areas of expertise: Microsoft Azure/Cloud, On-premises datacenter technologies, Enterprise Mobility / Windows and DevOps.
This week on The Ops Team, Matt is back and normal service is resumed! At least from an editing perspective! In his first week back, Matt takes on double responsibilities covering on and off-premises technologies, ranging from SQL Server, StorSimple and Azure Site Recovery through to a skinny Azure Stack! Oguz shares the love for Linux with details of SQL Server on Linux support, along with an Open Networking initiative, and Simon wraps up the show with some cool new security features of Azure AD.
Here’s all the links and info on the topics we covered, along with the time stamps to jump to specific points in the video.
Global Cloud Datacenters with Rick Claus (Actually, Matt McSpirit)
- [04:06] – SQL Server 2016 with Stretch Database capabilities and Overview
- [07:03] – StorSimple Virtual Array General Availabilty & StorSimple + ASR Integration
- [09:05] – SQL Server Transactional Replication to Azure SQL Database
DevOps and OSS with Oguz Pastirmaci
- [10:26] SQL Server on Linux Support and Announcement Blog
- [13:42] Microsoft Showcases ‘Software for Open Networking in the Cloud’
On-Premises Systems with Matt McSpirit
Enterprise Mobile/Gadgets with Simon May