The Ops Team is a weekly show where 4 Technical Evangelists specializing in IT Operations get together to give you the deets on their 4 areas of expertise: Microsoft Azure/Cloud, On-premises datacenter technologies, Enterprise Mobility / Windows and DevOps.
This week on The Ops Team, the surrounding building continues to be demolished and reconstructed, but the team manage to safely make it into the studio, apart from David, who apparently can’t read a watch (digital, or analog) and decided to turn up late. We’re a good-natured bunch so we still allowed him to participate! In the news, Oguz kicks us off with some key advances from Docker, along with some great Hands-on-Lab learning resources. Simon gives us the gossip around Intune support for the latest version of IOS, along with some great references for Windows management. Matt showcases a cool update for the OMS mobile app, along with sharing some other cool resources from the community and Microsoft. David, after finally turning up, shares what he’s been up to over the last few weeks, and finally, it’s back to Matt to bring us home with news about Azure, including, brace yourself….some licensing news….!
Here’s all the links and info on the topics we covered, along with the time stamps to jump to specific points in the video.
DevOps with Oguz Pastirmaci
- [03:11] – Docker Machine and Azure Resource Manager and try it in Hands on Labs
- [07:54] – Parts Unlimited Hands on Lab
Enterprise Mobile/Gadgets with Simon May
- [09:26] – Intune support for IOS 9.3
- [10:40] – The Path to Modernizing Windows Management
- [13:50] – Azure Active Directory Connect for Sync
On-Premises Systems with Matt McSpirit
- [15:41] – Operations Management Suite – Mobile App Updates
- [17:17] – Bare Metal Deployment Troubleshooting with UEFI Machines
- [18:52] – Cloudcast Podcast – Understanding Azure Stack
- [20:07] – Windows Server Channel on Channel 9
DevOps with David Tesar
Global Cloud Datacenters with Rick Claus (Actually, Matt McSpirit)