This week on The Ops Team, WE HAVE 5 PEOPLE. Unbelievable. That also means that it’s the longest episode in Ops Team history, clocking in over 40 minutes long. Approaching Lord of the Rings territory there! Matt and Oguz are joined by new recruit Damien (well, new to Redmond), and some visiting Technical Evangelists, Julien and William from the Canadian subsidiary, to bring you up to speed with the latest IT news.
In the news, Julien, William and David all give us a recap of some recent OSS conferences; LinuxCon, GitHub Octoverse and Jenkins World 2016 respectively. Matt brings you the latest on-prem info on Nano Server, OMS, Azure Stack, Windows Server 2016 and of Azure Stuff, shares some useful networking guidance, and some enhancements to data encryption in Azure. Oguz shares the latest on VSTS, performance of Bash on Windows, a new alternative Linux subsystem project for Windows, and some other announcements in the Open Source world!
Here’s all the links and info on the topics we covered, along with the time stamps to jump to specific points in the video.
DevOps and OSS with Julien Stroheker
DevOps and OSS with William Buchwalter
On-Prem Stuff with Matt McSpirit
- [14:27] – Ed’s Nano Server Series
- [16:00] – OMS & System Center Meetup @ Ignite
- [17:05] – Azure Stack Meetup @ Ignite
- [17:44] – Microsoft Mechanics on Storage Spaces Direct
DevOps and OSS with Damien Caro
DevOps and OSS with Oguz Pastirmaci
- [26:40] – VSTS Remote Agent Cookbook
- [28:05] – Bash on Windows vs. Native Performance
- [29:27] – Arch Linux Subsystem on Windows Project
- [30:48] – Mesosphere DCOS 1.8 Release
- [31:46] – Tuesday’s with Corey – Azure Bot
Azure Stuff with Matt McSpirit
- [32:42] – Microsoft Azure for IT Pros Content Series: Virtual Networking
- [34:07] – Creating a Site-to-Site (S2S) VPN with Azure Resource Manager (ARM) and Windows Server 2012 R2
- [35:21] – Create an Office 365 dev/test environment in Azure
- [36:27] – Announcing the General Availability of Storage Service Encryption for Data at Rest